Re: [ADMIN] slower every day

От G u i d o B a r o s i o
Тема Re: [ADMIN] slower every day
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The solution appeared as something I didn't know

  On the .conf file

Previous situation:

#log_something=false
log_something=true

Worst situation
#log_something=false
#log_something=true

Nice situation
log_something=false
#log_something=true

Ok, the problem was that I assumed that commenting a value on
the conf file will set it up to a default (false?). I was wrong.
My server was writting tons of log's.

Is this the normal behavior for pg_ctl reload? It seems that looks for new values, remembering the last state on the
onesthat actually are commented. Although it's my fault to have 2 (tow) lines for the same issue, and that I should
realizethat this is MY MISTAKE, the log defaults on a reload, if commented, tend to be the last value entered?

Regards,
Guido