Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 12:04:48PM -0700, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
> The major caveat to having tables of this type is that you can only have
> a primary key index.  No other indexes are possible because the "heap"
> constantly undergoes local reorganizations if you have a lot of write
> traffic, the same kind of reorganization you would normally expect in a
> BTree index.

This isn't true, at least in 9i. You can create whatever indexes you
want on an index-organized table. I believe that the index stores the PK
value instead of the ROWID.

Сообщение: Re: Context Switching issue: Spinlock doesn't fix.
Сообщение: Re: Context Switching issue: Spinlock doesn't fix.