Re: pgsql-server: Fix obviously-utterly-untested

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Fix obviously-utterly-untested
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Philip Warner wrote:
> At 05:44 AM 31/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Fix obviously-utterly-untested noTocComments code.
>
> It was extensively tested with a variety of DBs.
>
> I *think* the problem was that the patch may have been against a too-old
> source (8.0b1), which still had _printTocHeader and _printTocData. eg. the
> code:
>
> -       if (AH->noTocComments)
> -               return;
> -
>
> should have been in _printTocHeader, whereas it ended up in _printTocEntry.
>
> Can this be easily avoided in the future? More context and/or just use
> latest CVS?

Ah, I remember having trouble applying the patch so I had to do it
manually.  I looked at the context around the patch, saw a matching
comment, and put it there.  It did seem quite high to me in the function
but I figured the author knew the ramifications.