Re: Contrib -- PostgreSQL shared variables

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Contrib -- PostgreSQL shared variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 30 August 2004 09:50, pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 09:24:59AM -0400, pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
> > What's the advantage of instead stuffing these in-memory variables
> > into PostgreSQL?  That it still works correctly and simply even if you
> > have a farm of 10 separate web servers sitting in front of it?  That
> > could be useful for certain applications, but is there any more to it
> > than that?
>
> Isn't "that could be useful for certain applications" enough of a reason
> to add something to contrib?

That's enough of a reason to add something to *gborg*, but I can think of a
lot of things I would rather see the postgresql major contributors
maintaining than this.. especially when you consider that we've already
removed things like jdbc from contrib.

--
Robert Treat