Re: Why does a simple query not use an obvious index?

От Mr Pink
Тема Re: Why does a simple query not use an obvious index?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yeah! Bind variable peeking is great news. I did actually read the guff, but forgot about that.

Version 8 is looking great on paper, I hope I'll get a chance to play wth it soon.

I can kind of appreciate your point about peeking stable functions, however, I would have thought
that if it was possible to do for bind variables (which could change many times in a transaction)
then it would make even more sense for a stable function which doesn't change for the life of the
transaction. No doubt this is an oversimplification the situation.

regards
Mr Pink