Re: Why those queries do not utilize indexes?

От Artimenko Igor
Тема Re: Why those queries do not utilize indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I could force Postgres to use the best index by removing condition "msgstatus = CAST( 0 AS
smallint );" from WHERE clause & set enable_seqscan to off;
Total runtime in this case dropped from 1883 ms ( sequential reads ) to 1.598 ms ( best index ).

But unfortunatelly It does not resolve my problem. I can not remove above condition. I need to
find a way to use whole condition "WHERE user_id = CAST( 20000 AS BIGINT ) and msgstatus = CAST( 0
AS smallint );" and still utilyze index.

Yes you are right. Using "messagesStatus" index is even worse for my data set then sequential
scan.

Igor Artimenko