Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > Also, we probably have more beta testers on Win32 than on all Unix
> > platforms combined, though they might not be testing as thoroughly as
> > Unix.
>

> Maybe I am just being dense, but isn't this obvious? I mean this is the
> first release of the Win32 code. Anybody who would be willing to put it
> in production without extensive testing deserves everything they get.
>
> Then again we are talking about people who willinging use Windows as the
> primary platform. Forget I brought it up.

I think there is concern that if the Win32 port is buggy that it will
give the project a bad reputation.  It will probably be distributed to
many who have never used PostgreSQL before.

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning