Re: Win32 release warning

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Win32 release warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Rob Butler <crodster2k@yahoo.com> writes:
> >> That makes it sound as if you didn't do the same level
> >> of testing on *this* release, like it didn't go
> >> through all the tests or something.
> >
> >> How about "it does not have the extensive testing
> >> history that other supported platforms in this release
> >> have."
> >
> > Not bad, but it doesn't make the point that there's a lot of new
> > platform-specific code for Windows in there.  You want to point
> > out not only that there's no history, but that there's new code to be
> > suspicious of.
>
> "Altho tested throughout our release cycle, the Windows port does not have
> the benefit of the years of testing that has gone into the Unix platforms,
> and, as such, should be treated with the same level of caution as you
> would a new product"

Wow, that is good!  Current wording is:

        Because Win32 is significantly different from the Unix platforms
        supported in previous releases, there is much new Win32-specific
        code that has not been tested extensively. Please test it
        thoroughly before using it in production.

Should I change it to Marc's version?

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning