Re: from PG_DUMP to CVS

От Riccardo G. Facchini
Тема Re: from PG_DUMP to CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
--- Philip Warner <__> wrote:

> At 08:43 PM 26/08/2004, Riccardo G. Facchini wrote:
> >If you know of something even similar to what I'm looking for, let
> me
> >know.
>
> My thinking is to modify pg_dump to add a new output format, but I'd
> like
> to get some more feedback from others first, including yourself. Does
> what
> I specified before satisfy all your needs?

> Philip Warner                    |     __---_____
> Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd.   |----/       -  \
> (A.B.N. 75 008 659 498)          |          /(@)   ______---_
> Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81         |                 _________  \
> Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
> Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|
>                                   |    --________--
> PGP key available upon request,  |  /
> and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/

yes, I think a specific format for pg_dump could be interesting.
From my point of view, I would like to get a directory structure like
this one:

name>.sql    /domains      /<domain name>.sql     /types      /<type name>.sql     /aggregates      /<aggregate
name>.sql    /operators      /<operator name>.sql/languages /<language name>.sql

either following the pgadmin3 style or, better still, the ems
postgresql manager output style (I believe is superior, even if not
OS).

My feeling is that a lot of the code for an output of this kind is
already in the pgadmi3 code, so it could be a matter of codebashing.

I wouldn't separate the functions from the triggers, but beware of the
function overloading, but that's a small issue compared to the task.

best regards,

=====
Riccardo G. Facchini