Re: Postgresql 8.0 beta 1 - strange cpu usage statistics and slow vacuuming

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.0 beta 1 - strange cpu usage statistics and slow vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> IIRC, vacuum fsyncs once per table (possibly more
> depending on whether
> you add FULL, ANALYZE, etc).  Not clear what case
> you are considering
> exactly.

Vacuum and Vacuum full.  The script I attached to a
this workstation) creates and populates a single table
via a stored procedure, updates approximately half the
rows and then executes a vacuum followed by a vacuum
full.

The insert and update commands execute far faster
(showing 5-10 megs of disk transfer per second on
average) than both the vacuum and vacuum full (showing
 512k to 1meg of transfer per second).

Regards,

Shelby Cain