Re: How is this possible? (more on deadlocks)

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: How is this possible? (more on deadlocks)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> Ok, now I'm really intrigued by what looks to me
> (possibly from a naive point of view) like a bug,
> or rather, a limitation on the implementation.

Yep.  See recent (and historical) discussions on
needing a weaker lock than FOR UPDATE for handling
foreign keys.

От: "ruben20@superguai.com"
Сообщение: Upgrading PostgreSQL 7.1.3
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: NAB : insert into select distinct => when used on null, distinct causes loss of type knowledge