MySQL vs PostgreSQL

От Kunal
Тема MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  ("Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net>)
Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  (Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca>)
Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  (Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com>)
Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
I know I know, this topic is probably a cliche by now, but I am looking for real world developers'
and DBAs' experiences from people who have managed/ developed for both.

I've developed for MySQL before but never used PostgreSQL but am interested in doing so. I'll
probably be giving it a shot myself anyways, but with the newer versions of MySQL offering
features like views, SPs etc., what makes PostgreSQL worth the switch? I've gone through many
articles on this topic, but most of them compare features and not experiences which is what I am
looking for.

Please do spare some time, if possible, to share this knowledge.

Don't think there's scope for another mistake in this mail like my previous one ;)
Kunal

PS - Please feel free to forward it to one of the other lists and/ or point me to that list, if
that question will be more suitably answered there.