Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

>>> In times when people download gigabytes of film and music using
>>> BitTorrent, I think that's the least of our problems. But of course, the
>>> distribution should be kept at a reasonable size. That's why I'd like a
>>> better solution to replace the inferior one and to limit the number of
>>> overlaps.
>>

>> At which time we are once more 'playing favorites' ...
>
> Sorry, but that one got right pass me. 'playing favorites'?

your comment about 'limiting the number of overlaps' ... to do that, the
one maintaining this package would have to decide that 'PL/J' is better
then 'PL/Java' (or vice versa) ... if maintainer doesn't know/use Java,
then, what, each group of developer then 'lobbies' the maintainer for
inclusion?

----