restoring a .dmp file to another table name

От Mike Nolan
Тема restoring a .dmp file to another table name
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've probably asked this question before, but what do people do when they
need to restore a table that has been dumped but as a different table
name?  That doesn't appear to be an option in pg_restore.  (Is that just
a front end to psql?)

I need both the old table and the live one in the same database so
that I can compare a set of values to see what changed, and I don't have
a spare system to do it on at the moment, nor can I rename the live file
since it is in use most of the day.

This is a fairly large table (2.8M rows, 500MB dump file) and I think
it may have some data in it that would get messed up if I were to try to
extract the DDL leading up to the COPY statement using head and tail
statements to change the table name.
--
Mike Nolan