Re: monetary bug

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: monetary bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:29:14 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Are you aware that the monetary type is deprecated and is going to be
> dropped entirely pretty soon?  I would not recommend that you spend
> any time on it, unless you want to commit to doing a wholesale
> rewrite. Store your financial data in NUMERIC columns instead --- no
> overflow worries, for one thing.

And if you have a table with 30,000,000+ records and need to sum a
subset of them 100 times per second expect some stress.

FWIW I have been working on a contrib module that stores the amount in a
64 bit integer.  Perhaps I should submit it as a patch to the existing
money type instead.  I have fixed up a few other issues while I was at
it.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves