Installing PostgreSQL in a Linux Environment

От Eyinagho Newton
Тема Installing PostgreSQL in a Linux Environment
Дата
Re: Installing PostgreSQL in a Linux Environment  (Martin Atukunda <matlads@myrealbox.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
It has been impossible to install PostgreSQL, an open
source
software, from my SUSE 8.0 . Although it tells you its
been installed, each time i try to start it using
SysV-Init Editor, i get the following message:

starting postgreSQL
/etc/init.d/postgresql.checkproc:command not found
....done

What exactly am i doing wrong? Or better still, what
haven't i done yet? Please help me

Newton Eyinagho