Re: FATAL: invalid frontend message type 8

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: FATAL: invalid frontend message type 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 August 2004 3:52 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> > On Wednesday 18 August 2004 2:25 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> What version of libpq is it using, exactly?
> >
> > Client libs are 7.3.1.
> > Server version is 7.4.1.
>
> Hmm.  Okay, so old (v2) protocol ... there's sure no reason for a
> bunch of garbage in that ...
>
> You aren't by any chance running the connection SSL-encrypted are
> you? (I'd suppose not, or sniffing the network traffic wouldn't
> have helped, but I see one heck of a lot of post-7.3.1 SSL-related
> bug fixes in the CVS logs...)

I _wish_ I could read/understand raw SSL but no, it's unencrypted. I
didn't see anything unusual in the submitted data (very long text
data, etc.) so I'm going to poke around in the code and wait till the
current projects on this machine are finished so I can do a good
memtest on it.

Cheers,
Steve