Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> > Since the default config now allows TCP/IP connections from localhost,
> > maybe we should tweak the default pg_hba.conf to work around this
> > problem? (e.g. use the /32 syntax which works ok)
>
> Maybe we should press Sun to fix their bugs?
>
> Until M$, Solaris was the top of the list of platforms with known bugs
> that adversely affected Postgres; many of them bugs that were well known
> through multiple Solaris releases.  We just last week worked around a
> Solaris bug that was publicly reported in 1995, for crissakes.
>
> For me, Solaris would be the second-from-last platform choice.  If
> they want to get out of the cellar, they are going to have to work
> harder.  Not expect me to work around more and more of their bugs.

Agreed, but from a clarity perspective, are we better moving to the CIDR
format for hostnames in pg_hba.conf anyway?  I know CIDR is for
networks, not hosts though.

Also, I think we would accept a patch that modified pg_hba.conf for
Solaris only that made this change.

Pennsylvania19073