Re: 8.0 Press Release: the PRODUCTIVE thread.

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 8.0 Press Release: the PRODUCTIVE thread.
Дата
Re: 8.0 Press Release: the PRODUCTIVE thread.
Список pgsql-advocacy
Marc,

> I think this one could also include references to the company (or
> companies) that helped make the new features happen ... I note you do
> mention the various companies in P2 above, but figured you were seperating
> the P2 stuff from List stuff?

Not necessarily, either approach would be fine.   In fact, I'd love so see
alternate ideas for what to put in P2.   What P2 needs to say is "why this
new release is exiting" non-specific to the features involved (since some
members of the press won't understand the features anyway).   Possible ideas
include:

1) growing size of our community (inc. new companies)
2) just a handful of high-end features left and then equal to DB2, Oracle,
etc. (this is probably too similar to last time).
3) increased pace of development, faster than any comparable product/project.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: 8.0 Press Release: the PRODUCTIVE thread.
Сообщение: Re: 8.0 Press Release: the PRODUCTIVE thread.