Re: Date and Timestamps

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Date and Timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[As a note, it's a bad idea to put a new message with a new problem in the
same thread.]

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ying Lu wrote:

> I have a question about "date" & "timestamp" types in PostgreSQL. I want
> to setup the default value '0000-00-00' and "0000-00-00 00:00:00" for
> them. However, it seems that PostgreSQL does not support it. Could

Right, because those aren't valid values for those types.  I think you
have to choose between using a date (or timestamp) column and constraining
the values to valid ones (for example, possibly '0001-01-01') or using a
type that doesn't constrain the value to valid dates.

Сообщение: Re: Could not create a table named "USER" under postgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Could not create a table named "USER" under postgreSQL