Re: Does psql use nested transactions?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Does psql use nested transactions?
Дата
Re: Does psql use nested transactions?  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Does psql use nested transactions?  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Added to TODO list:
>
> > * Add an option to automatically use savepoints for each statement in a
> >   multi-statement transaction.
>
> >   When enabled, this would allow errors in multi-statement transactions
> >   to be automatically ignored.
>
> Note that whoever implements this had better be mindful of the bad
> experience we had with autocommit.  If there is any way that this
> behavior could be turned on underneath an application/script without
> the app knowing about it, this would be spectacularly dangerous.
>
> Like I said, my preference would be that it couldn't be turned on at all
> except when psql's input is interactive.

Should we allow it only to be enabled inside a multi-statement
transaction, and it turns off when the transaction completes?

Doing it only for interactive mode seems too error-prone to me (it works
in psql, but not from my script).

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Does psql use nested transactions?
Сообщение: Re: Does psql use nested transactions?