Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > With Informix, the logic used by most customers I dealt with was that
> > unbuffered logging was too slow and they were willing to do a few rekeys
> > for the performance gain.
>
> I tend to agree with Tom that this is a bad idea, but ... if we do
> foolishly implement this, can it be a disfeature that is only available
> via a special configure flag on compile, that creates a special GUC
> variable that defaults to the standard behaviour?
>
> Basically, if you desire to risk cutting off your left hand for the sake
> of speed, put them through a couple of hoops to get there first ...

It isn't going to be any worse than fsync.  At least the system is
consistent while fsync leaves it inconsistent.  In cases where people
are using fsync, I bet some would prefer this middle ground.

Now if you want to make fsync have the same restriction, that would make
sense.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes