Re: Dump Version

От strk
Тема Re: Dump Version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 08:42:44PM +1000, Philip Warner wrote:
> At 08:09 PM 13/08/2004, strk wrote:
> >What does 'Dump Version' refer to then ? Are these ToC output
> >changes encoded somehow ?
>
> The file format version of pg_dump; the actual contents depend on pg_dump
> version, and the source database since pg_dump asks the source (as much as
> possible) to present it's data in a textual format.
>
> What are you trying to do?

Commenting out lines from the dump corresponding to objects that
will be defined by another script. I also had problem with OPERATOR
as only the name is listed (I parsed the ascii version as a workaround).
I can parse the ascii version for CASTS as well... but I if everything
was possible just using the ToC that would be faster.

--strk;