pgcrypto/encrypt insertion failes due to \\ (2 slah being next to each other)

От Ismail Seyfi
Тема pgcrypto/encrypt insertion failes due to \\ (2 slah being next to each other)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I am currently using pgcrypto functions (encrypt(), decrypt()) on postgresql 7.4.1. There seems to be a problem when ever I try to insert a string that contains “\\” (2 slashes next to each other”). it gives an error message saying that it is not a valid entry for type bytea. I am using rijndael as the algrothim.

Can any one tell me why this would be happening? Thanks for your time

Thanks

Ismail