My admin left the job and I am stuck

От Karam Chand
Тема My admin left the job and I am stuck
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

My linux admin left the job. We had a PostgreSQL
installed under his username. He used to maintain it.
Now I am looking at the Linux box and I am just a
super duper newbie in Linux administration.

The previosu admin had a database created under his
name coz PostgreSQL dosnt allow root database.

Now I want to get the data back and use it? I dont
mind if I have to use a different DB?

I dont even know where he isntalled the PostgreSQL
binaries and data?

Where can I all this information?

I am feeling really stupid but thank GOD we dont have
any live databases running?

Regards,
Karam