Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave,

> That's a different issue altogether though (perfectly valid though). Is
> there a more appropriate way to split the existing groups perhaps? I'm
> opposed to shifting the windows users onto a platform specific group
> just because there's a lot of them. I'm not opposed to shifting them if
> we find there are lots of platform specific problems though.

Well, unfortunately, at least 70% of the Windows users can be counted on not
to differentiate platform-specific issues from general ones.  And given the
flakyness of the platform, I expect there to be continuous issues.  Also, I'd
really rather not have a 25-post thread on PGSQL-SQL discussing how XP-SP3
breaks PostgreSQL.

While there are other possible lists we could add, the advantage of
PGSQL-WINDOWS is that it would attract a substantial portion of the new
users, which, for example, a list named PGSQL-INSTALL might not.

On a completely different topic, who's in charge of ODBC these days?  I'm
getting breakage reports on IRC.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions