Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?

От Robert L Mathews
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 Feature List?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 8/10/04 9:30 AM, JanWieck@Yahoo.com wrote:

>Slony-I is released... [snip]
>

>> Also, what is the etymology of the term Slony?
>
>Elephants, especially this one: http://slony.info

Is the project called "Slony-1" or "Slony1" (numeral one), or "Slony-I"
(uppercase i)?

It appears to be referred to multiple ways, even on the Web site, which
means that it's difficult to search for and I don't know how to pronounce
it when I talk to other people.

(I'm convinced that hard-to-pronounce names make people decide not to
mention cool things to other people for fear they'll look stupid,
directly resulting in less word-of-mouth.)

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies      http://www.tigertech.net/

 "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
                                                           -- Darwin