Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel

От zhicheng wang
Тема Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the clear answer.

What about hyper-threading? At the moment, I have
hyper-threading enabled and the OS sees four CPUs (two
physical and two virtual). Do these two virtual ones
really work as the real ones?

I am asking these because we use SAN disks and the
secure-path (a fail safe mechanism) only support UP
kernel. I have to choose do we run smp or do we make
use of secure-path.

Regards
cheng