Re: Design question regarding arrays

От Oliver Fromme
Тема Re: Design question regarding arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Michael Glaesemann wrote:
 > On Aug 9, 2004, at 6:42 PM, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 >
 > > Well, I assume that all your book titles are unique,
 >
 > Realistically, probably not a good assumption. Not one I'd want to bank
 > by db schema on. You might be luckier with something like ISSN, but I
 > don't know enough about re-use of those types of numbers.

My example was a bit simplified for the matter.  Probably
those rows contain more information than just the title,
but also the author, publisher, date, ISSN/ISBN etc.
I think it is a reasonable assumption that the whole rows
(excluding the serial IDs) are unique.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I have stopped reading Stephen King novels.
Now I just read C code instead."
        -- Richard A. O'Keefe

Сообщение: Re: Design question regarding arrays
Сообщение: Re: Design question regarding arrays