Re: Changing the type of timestamp columns

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Changing the type of timestamp columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KL,

> Is it safe to update the atttypid of a timestamp column to be a
> timestamptz column?  I wish to do this on a production database, so I
> need to be sure!

I wouldn't try this without running it against a test database copy first.
I've already discovered that a backend change to a column data type like your
describing can disrupt indexes, views, and analyze rows based on the table --
the last time I did such, I ended up having to dump and reload the database
to get everything responding reliably.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions