Re: Add Missing From?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Add Missing From?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 08 August 2004 21:44, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > I don't see anything in the current docs warning that such a change is
> > afoot.  We have insisted on one release cycle's warning for smaller
> > things than this ...
>
> Ok.  Can we put a warning in, then?  Where should we put it?

AFAIR this is still the only way to do updates on joined tables, a feature
that IIRC is in the sql spec (and certianly in other rdbms') that we do not
support.  Until we come up with a solution for that, I think our current
behavior of defaulting on and emiting a warning upon occurance is the right
way to go.

--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL