Re: Add Missing From?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Add Missing From?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert, Tom,

> I think you're wrong on both counts --- we do support UPDATE FROM, and
> it's not in the spec.

I can verify that it's not in SQL92.   Unless you've got a place they added a
different syntax in 99 or 2003, Robert?

> What we don't have is an equivalent syntax for DELETE, and you're right
> that we probably ought to offer that before we deprecate add_missing_from.

Hmmm.  What would that look like?

DELETE FROM table
{FROM | WITH | USING | ?? }
WHERE ...

I think we don't have this mainly because, what word do we use?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Error-out on compiling current CVS: preproc