Re: beta time

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: beta time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I have two things left before beta. I want to make sure the release
> >> notes are current against CVS and I want to make sure the win32
> >> tablespace symlink changes I just made work.
>
> > Tom, when you updated the release notes, did you do a CVS log and
> > already get all the new stuff as of Aug 6?
>
> Yes I did.  I think the release notes are good to go for beta,
> with the possible exception of mentioning any array-input-parsing
> hacking that Joe might be about to commit.

OK.  Thanks for doing that.

> I think though that we might have some other must-fix Win32 issues :-(.
> What are we going to do about this libpgport-depends-on-the-backend
> business?

I have Claudio on IM right now and am getting the details.  I wasn't
aware it was such a problem but I think it was introduced by rmtree()
and the malloc call.

What I would like to do is to move elog/fprintf out of /port and make a
generic pglog call and have a backend function that calls elog and a
libpq version that calls fprintf.  This would remove a lot of FRONTEND
and Makefile compiles and will probably avoid some bugs.  The only
tricky part is passing a variable number of arguments. Same behavior for
malloc/palloc.

Pennsylvania19073