Re: CVS comment

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: CVS comment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:34:20AM +0200, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> >Yeah.  I included your tab-complete patch in the patch I sent to
> >pgsql-patches, which later Tom reworked and applied.  His CVS comment
> >didn't mention the tab completion change.  This isn't surprising at all,
> >as minor changes go uncommented sometimes when they are surrounded by
> >bigger changes (like the large object work).
>
> Understood. Why not comment each file separately too much work with CVS?

People just doesn't feel it's important ... other projects have strict
guidelines regarding CVS commit message formatting, but what I have seen
is in most cases useless noise.  Anyone can see the real diffs when
there's need.

> I do not have experience with CVS ( at work I user Clearcase ) and for my
> personal purpose I use subversion ( any plans to migrate the CVS repository
> to subversion or even bitkeeper ? ).

Subversion and arch have been mentioned, but so far there is no
compelling reason to change.  It'd take convincing at least a couple of
core hackers to get the ball rolling ...

"If it wasn't for my companion, I believe I'd be having
the time of my life"  (John Dunbar)