probelm migrating from 7.3.4 to 7.42

От MichaelHoeller@t-online.de (Michael Hoeller)
Тема probelm migrating from 7.3.4 to 7.42
Дата
Re: probelm migrating from 7.3.4 to 7.42  (Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>)
Re: probelm migrating from 7.3.4 to 7.42  (Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I searched the archives and since I'm a relatively noivce user I'll have
to run the risk of repeating already asked questions.

I'm having a problem to migrate from version 7.3.4 to 7.4.2

On version 7.3.4 I do:
vacuumdb --analyze $PGDATABASE
pg_dump -x $PGDATABASE >$DATABASE

and on version 7.4.2 I want to import via:
bzcat $DATABASE  | psql NEWDATABASE

This worked for varrious version the last years but now it seems as if
the byteorder is changed. The above command fails.

I assume, in case I did nothing false, that this must be a known problem
and hope that there is a solution??

Thanks a lot
Michael

--
Encrypted eMail welcome!
Get my OpenPGP-Key ID: 0xE9B00731 from: wwwkeys.de.pgp.net