Re: query result set caching

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: query result set caching
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 04 August 2004 1:06 pm, Martin Sarsale wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> Im looking for solutions (Free Software is better) to do query
> result caching.
> Thanks to the people from #postgresql I know that postgres doesn't
> do that by himself and the solution should be some kind of middle
> ware.
>
> This is our problem: we are executing the same set of SELECT
> SP/queries hundreds of times, without updating the DB. We would
> like to cache the result of this SP/queries so the next time
> somebody runs one of them, the results come from the cache instead
> of the db.

Possible kludge that may or may not help in your situation:

Can you create a table that is the result of your query and have the
front-end select from that? You could even create a trigger to update
the result table whenever the source table(s) are altered.

Cheers,
Steve

Сообщение: Re: most idiomatic way to "update or insert"?
Сообщение: Re: most idiomatic way to "update or insert"?