Re: [ADMIN] Secure DB Systems - How to

От Daniel Struck
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Secure DB Systems - How to
Дата
Список pgsql-php
> If searching for exact matches works then you're using a naive encryption
> system. The problem is that it also means your database is vulnerable to
> dictionary attacks. Good encryption systems will include random padding to
> ensure that you can't attack it by merely guessing many possible plaintexts
> and verifying to see if any match.

To prevent this, I use in my implementation for every encrypted value a corresponding IV to prevent that the same value
willgive the same crypted text.

This is a reason, why I must do pattern searches in postgresql itself, because I do need to include the IV-column in
thesql statement.

Daniel

--
Retrovirology Laboratory Luxembourg