Re: [ADMIN] Secure DB Systems - How to

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Secure DB Systems - How to
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 13:41:33 +0200,
  Daniel Struck <struck.d@retrovirology.lu> wrote:
> > Exactly.  That is the only way to ensure that the data is never
> > decrypted within the database or database server.
>
> But then one will also lose the ability to make sql-queries with the encrypted columns . Something I wouldn't want to
miss,or else it doesn't make sense to store this data in a database if one can't work with it.

That depends on the kind of queries. Searching for exact matches should
work fine. Some other things can be done in special cases.

If you are interested in this topic you may want to pick up a copy of
Translucent Databases.

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

От: Daniel Struck
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Secure DB Systems - How to
От: Lynna Landstreet
Сообщение: Strange warning message