Three versions of Pg.pm on my machine

От Richard A Lough
Тема Three versions of Pg.pm on my machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

This might be better posted to a perl newsgroup, if so,
please point me in the right direction.

I am running debian|testing and postgres 7.4.2, and I find
the following versions of Pg.pm on my machine.

# $Id:Pg.pm, v 1.1.1.1 2004.01.16 - 18166 bytes in
/usr/share/perl5/Pg.pm

package Class::DBI::Pg;
# $Id: Pg.pm v 1.15 2003.09.10 - 3419 bytes in
/usr/share/perl5/Class/DBI/Pg.pm

# $Id:Pg.pm v 1.92 2004.02.25 - 66285 bytes in
/usr/lib/Perl5/Pg.pm

I have sorted issues with Perl actually finding a script by
placing the "right" script early in Perl's search path.

When I run a perl script which includes '=connectdb('
sometimes I get a message telling me that the call to
connectdb has failed. This alerted me to the several
versions of Pg.pm on my machine. Version 1.92 has no
sub called connectdb. connectdb is found only in
version 1.1.1.1

I was hoping this problem would just go away. I find I
now have to do something about it. Probably a Perl
newsgroup would be the best place to ask, but I thought
I should ask here first in case I missed something.

Is it sensible to convert my scripts to use ver 1.92?

TIA

Richard A Lough