Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joel wrote:
> >     ...  PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware,
> >     but if you are building a server where you are concerned about reliability
> >     and performance it is wise to research your hardware options thoroughly.  ...
>
> That's okay, of course. But I'll suggest the following as food for
> thought
>
>           PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware, but,
>           if you are building a server where you are concerned
>           about reliability and performance, it is wise to
>           research your hardware options thoroughly.
>
> or
>
>           PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware, but,
>           especially where reliability and performance are
>           required, it is wise to research your
>           hardware options thoroughly.

New text:

    <P>Because PC hardware is mostly compatible, people tend to believe that
    all PC hardware is of equal quality.  It is not.  ECC RAM, SCSI, and
    quality motherboards are more reliable and have better performance than
    less expensive hardware.  PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware,
    but if reliability and performance are important it is wise to
    research your hardware options thoroughly.  Our email lists can be used
    to discuss hardware options and tradeoffs.</P>

Сообщение: Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?