Re: plperl (7.5)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: plperl (7.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:18:28PM -0700, elein wrote:
> The new plperl returns sets by having
> the function return an array.
>
> This requires that the entire array be
> built before anything is returned.
>
> It seems to me that that does not scale
> very well.  The technique of RETURN NEXT;
> scales much better.

I think RETURN NEXT does the same thing anyway ... they just store
tuples in a Tuplestore and then the whole thing is returned.  So the
function actually doesn't return until the whole function is done.

The set-returning-function infraestructure actually has a mode on which
you can return one tuple per call, but PL/pgSQL uses only the other
mode, materializing the whole set before return.

"El conflicto es el camino real hacia la unión"

Сообщение: Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Сообщение: Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All