Re: [JDBC] Error in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with Views

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: [JDBC] Error in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with Views
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Dario V. Fassi wrote:

> Stephan, look at the samples I send in previous posts , from PgSql and Db2.

I don't see any samples apart from the original view descriptions and the
getColumns results.  I see some implication about db2 but no details.  My
guess is that the messages are more recent than the last archives update
and since I'm not on -jdbc I wouldn't have seen them.  That's pretty much
why I asked.

> I know it's a no ease task to change all that behavior , but you must
> agree that a Numeric column with the fractional part varing from row to
> row are different data types and break relational rules.

Maybe, but without seeing the example, it's hard to say.  For example,
your views from the head of what I see for this on archives, consistently
give me output with a scale of 3.

In addition, PostgreSQL provides a numeric with effectively undefined
precision and scale. This is a non-conforming definition, but means that
while the number of digits after the decimal are different, it's the same
type, numeric with undefined precision and scale.