Re: Supported languages

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Supported languages
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Thomas,

> I guess that "production ready" is a somewhat fuzzy measure. What would
> it, in your opinion, take to claim that Pl/Java has reached it? Any
> advice on how to get there?

Well, it sounds like all you need is testing.   Also, it would have been nice
if you'd brought this up a few weeks earlier.   If you tell Tom, tonight,
that you want to move PL/Java into the main tree, I think the answer's going
to be "no" just because it's 12 hours to feature-freeze.

Also, it will precipitate an argument about whether the PLs really belong in
the main tree at all, or whether they should be seperate.   And that
*definitely* won't wind up in 12 hours.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions