Re: recursive SQL

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: recursive SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 07:23:45PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> I'm a PostgreSQL developer and I would like to see an SQL99 recursive
> queries feature in PostgreSQL.

Me too, on bot parts.

> I'm not a committer myself, so I think I should explain how things work.
>  We're unlike other projects that seem to accept almost anything that
> comes our way.  In many ways, it's the patches that the committers
> reject that make PostgreSQL strong.

Actaully I am a committer and I would stil not touch that part of the
source as I never worked on it. I just commit patches that I can
personally judge to be good.

But nevertheless I would be very interested in helping with this patch
as recursive query optimization was one are I wokred on for my ph.d.

Granted spare time is a problem, but we should be able to finish this
for 7.6.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes