Re: recursive SQL

От Andrew Overholt
Тема Re: recursive SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* jacob koehler (RRes-Roth) <jacob.koehler@bbsrc.ac.uk> [2004-06-27 20:58]:

> cons:
> - its not standard SQL (uses oracle style syntax)

Besides the GPL issue, this is my biggest problem.

> i am aware of the fact that tom lane pointed to the fact that Andrew
> Overholt did work towards SQL99 compliant recursive queries. it would be
> interesting to know andrews opinion how much more work would be needed to
> get a SQL99 compliant version out based on the work he has done so far,
> and what he thinks about Evgen potemkin's patch (i cced this mail to
> Andrew and Evgen).

My work towards SQL-standard recursive queries is nowhere near complete and
I'm sure any patches I had are severely rotten by now.  I'll try to grab
what I had and see if I can get a patch from which people can maybe pick
up.

Sorry for dropping the ball on this one.  I was back finishing up my
degree this past year and my current work isn't database-related :( .  I'll
see what I can do.  This would be a great feature for PostgreSQL.

Andrew