== PostgreSQL Weekly News - June 22nd 2004 ==

От Robert Treat
Тема == PostgreSQL Weekly News - June 22nd 2004 ==
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
== PostgreSQL Weekly News - June 22nd 2004 ==

        With 7.4.3 now out the door, all eyes have really turned to finishing
up 7.5 development. The biggest progress in that regard was the committing of
the long awaited tablespaces patch. This gives us the initial implementation
for supporting alternate locations for many a database object. There are
still some edges that need smoothing and polish to be applied, but this is
about as sure as it gets to knowing this feature will be in 7.5. Those
interested in a sneak peak can check out the developers docs at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

        For those wondering about other features, the win32 port is very close
to being done and we also have patches very close to being done for nested
transactions and PITR. We have also had reports that an integrated
pg_autovacuum and updated (and more feature complete) version of plperl is
also in the wings. For those interested in any of these features, keep a
close out eye for the beta start date as, if all of these changes make it in,
we will surely need a lot of testers for such a wide array of features.

== PostgreSQL Product News ==

Pgtcl-ng 1.5.1 and pgin.tcl 2.1.0 Released
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-interfaces/2004-06/msg00047.php

Pgpool 2.0RC1
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-06/msg00695.php

PostgreSQL 7.4.3-1 for Cygwin
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2004-06/msg00012.php

CryptNET_Keyserver 0.2.0 (Beta)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/164665/

== PostgreSQL In the News ==

Are open source databases for real?
http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/0,39024564,39129549,00.htm

DISA selects e-records file management standard
http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2004/0621/web-xythos-06-21-04.asp

All-time favourite Tools (blog)
http://www.gnegg.ch/archives/alltime_favourite_tools.html#000147

== Upcoming Events ==

CONIP 2004: Sao Paulo, Brazil: June 22-24
dbExperts will cover topics including replication, case studies, and more.
http://www.dbexperts.com.br/novidades/mostraNoticia?id=80

LinuxTag 2004: Karlsruhe, Germany: June 23-26
There will be a PostgreSQL booth and multiple presentations
http://www.postgresql.org/events/195.html

European Regional Open Source Conference: Yerevan, Armenia: June 28-30
Bruce Momjian will be speaking at the Conferance
http://www.opensourcearmenia.com/osconference

OSCon: Portland, OR. USA: July 26-30
There will be a PostgreSQL Track with many community members participating.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/

== PostgreSQL Weekly News - June 22nd 2004 ==
Don't forget to read Elein Mustain's Weekly Summary of the PostgreSQL
General Mailing List http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/

On the Web:
http://www.postgresql.org
http://advocacy.postgresql.org

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: