Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> [... thinks for awhile ...]  It seems possible that they may use sort
> code that knows it is performing a DISTINCT operation and discards
> duplicates on sight.  Given that there are only 534 distinct values,
> the sort would easily stay in memory if that were happening.

Could this optimization be added to PostgreSQL?  It sounds like a very
reasonable thing to do.  Hopefully there wouldn't be too much complexity
needed to add it.

    Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Сообщение: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?