Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?

От: Stephen Frost
Тема: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Paul Thomas, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Jeff, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (pginfo, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Richard Huxton, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
    Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
      Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (pginfo, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  ("Mischa Sandberg", )

* Tom Lane () wrote:
> [... thinks for awhile ...]  It seems possible that they may use sort
> code that knows it is performing a DISTINCT operation and discards
> duplicates on sight.  Given that there are only 534 distinct values,
> the sort would easily stay in memory if that were happening.

Could this optimization be added to PostgreSQL?  It sounds like a very
reasonable thing to do.  Hopefully there wouldn't be too much complexity
needed to add it.

    Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Сообщение: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?