Status in 7.5 patches

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Status in 7.5 patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
With today being June 16th, we are half-way into the one month extension
of the feature freeze, now scheduled for July 1.  Here is the status on
the various outstanding features:
Tablespaces -  This has been in the queue since June 1 and should havebeen reviewed and applied by now.  We must give
thisfirst priority.Win32 -   We continue to complete TODO items for this port.  It shouldbe all done by July 1.PITR -
Simonhas been working on PITR consistently.   He has recentlyposted a patch we need to review and apply.  We also need
todiscuss howto recover by bringing the WAL files back without exceeding availabledisk space.Nested Transactions -
Alvarohas continued working continually on this.I believe the only two outstanding items are the use of phantom xids
andgucsettings.  This patch needs to be reviewed and we need to determineif there are any other missing pieces needed
fornested transactions.pg_autovacuum started by postmaster -  Waiting on final patch fromMatthew O'Connor.

The delay in applying patches has been difficult for some patchers
because they have had to track changes in the source tree.  Fortunately,
there has not been a lot of new patches recently.  Another problem is
that the longer we delay, the less time people will have to make
adjustments to the patch by July 1.

I have been able to apply small patches, but some of these patches are
so complex I can't be sure they are OK.  I have asked Tom to review
these at his earliest convenience, but I need others to review them too.

I don't want to be dealing with these issues on June 29th!  I would like
to see some additional analysis of each of these patches by the weekend.
They are in the patch queue:

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf