Re: Information Schema - Can the views be applied to older versions of PostgreSQL

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Information Schema - Can the views be applied to older versions of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
mike.griffin@mygenerationsoftware.com wrote:
> Can I take the INFORMATION SCHEMA views from 7.4 and install them in
> older versions of PostgreSQL, if so, how far back can they work?

No.  For your purposes, you maybe be able to backport them and
distribute the altered versions with your product.  For some cases this
might involve trivial adjustments, but there is no guarantee how
difficult it will get.