pl/pgsql and Transaction Isolation

От Marcus Whitney
Тема pl/pgsql and Transaction Isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

  I have an instance where I have a series of pl/pgsql calls, that report stat
results to a common table.  When other queries try to hit the stat table
(with DML commands; SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE etc.) they are forced to
wait in a queue until the pl/pgsql has finished executing.

will:

 SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;

before these DML queries eliminate the locking?

--
marcus whitney

chief architect : cold feet creative

www.coldfeetcreative.com